From: Aaron Mavrinac <mavrinac@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Keyword request interface (SoC candidate?)
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 23:49:05
1 On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 6:26 PM, Richard Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
2 > I know that the amd64 team used to use the "STABLE" and "TESTED"
3 > keywords to indicate that an AT felt it was ok to keyword stable or
4 > ~arch respectively. I guess that practice went away. It doesn't work
5 > so well on bugs with 5 archs CC'ed though. Maybe we need STABLEAMD64,
6 > STABLEX86, etc.
7
8 Yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about. When I open a
9 stable/tested bug specifically for sparc, I use those keywords, but
10 like you said, that doesn't apply when the request hits multiple
11 archs.
12
13 > As an AT I used to run queries all the time looking for bugs that
14 > weren't keyworded STABLE/TESTED and which otherwise looked like they
15 > needed AT attention. I still check the corresponding developer query
16 > for stuff keyworded STABLE/TESTED with amd64 CC'ed...
17 >
18 > There are definitely some easy ways to improve things that don't require
19 > code changes...
20
21 Some sort of front-end web app could be useful for the following:
22
23 1. Properly and consistently format user stable requests and AT/dev
25 2. Provide pre-fabricated bugzilla queries (and relevant formatted
26 output) for common related AT/dev tasks.
27 3. Interface with packages.gentoo.org.
28 4. Provide at-your-fingertips cvs info, rdep info, open bugs, stable
29 requests for previous versions, gatt info, etc.
32 Aaron Mavrinac
33 www.mavrinac.com
34
35 PGP Public Key: http://www.mavrinac.com/pgp.asc