From: Daniel Ostrow <dostrow@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] SRC_URI component naming collision
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 20:08:27
1 > I'll contact the council separately, and ask that they look at two
2 > things:
3 >
4 > a) What the QA team is and isn't empowered to do
5 > b) The approval process that the QA team must follow before imposing
6 > tree-wide changes on other developers.
7
8 According to prior council meeting logs:
9
10 15:14 <@vapier> QA works off of agreed policy. policy was put forth by
11 developers and validated by council.
12 15:14 <@seemant> the fact is, QA can scream all they want -- but if
13 there's no *authority* behind them, devs might be inclined to feel free
14 to ignore QA
15 15:14 <@Azarah> and if they do, they get sorted by devrel in theory
16 15:15 <@vapier> so they have authority now. listen to the QA team
17 because they're working of valid policy. if you dont, devrel will take
18 action.
19
20 So the only question in my mind is what does it take for something to
21 become 'vaild policy'. I believe the QA team is working on a writeup to
22 present to the council to address that issue.
23
24 --Dan
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list