From: Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: rfc: revisiting our stabilization policy
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 07:15:46
1 On 01/16/2014 05:27 PM, Sergey Popov wrote:
2 >
3 > Thanks, for the proposal. IIRC, there was similar backroom agreement in
4 > some minor arches, look at how armin76 stabilized packages earlier -
5 > sometimes he drops vast amount of keywords on ia64/sparc/m68k to
6 > unstable in stabilization requests.
7 >
8 > And i think we should continue this practice.
9 >
10 I agree completely. The keywords on many packages are historical and do
11 not necessarily represent the current reality. Is it really a good use
12 of our resources to maintain stable keywords for some small auxiliary
13 package?
14 I think every stable request is a good opportunity for each minor arch
15 team to review their keywords for that package.