From: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] FEATURES use or misuse?
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 00:33:29
1 Patrick Lauer wrote:
2 > Calling EAPI is ... well ... I can't even think of a place to start to explain
3 > how wrong it is. How on earth are you going to parse an eclass that supports
4 > multiple EAPIs where one EAPI were to support features of bash 4?
5 > The only way to do it would be to force bash 4 on all lower EAPIs, or make
6 > per-EAPI eclasses, or forbid use of new bash features in eclasses.
7 > All horrible ways to avoid fixing the problem.
8
9 I find restricting the eclass to Bash 3 is a natural, maintainable
10 approach to this. How would "fixing he problem" work from your perspective?
13 > All workaroundable by just
14 > accepting things as they are.
15
16 What do you mean by "accepting things as they are"?
17 You have been talking of "accepting reality" repeatedly and I'm left
18 wondering what you actually mean by that. I especially fail to see who
19 is trying to conceal(?) reality and reality about what.
23 Sebastian