From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Packages pulling in python-3*, also they dont require it
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 08:54:50
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 23:17:17 +0100
3 > Ben de Groot<yngwin@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> Because it is extremely useless to the great majority of users.
6 >>
7 > Most packages in the tree are useless to the great majority of users.
11 Which is why most users don't install everything. I have about 1000
12 packages installed here. The packages installed are either something I
13 use or a dependency of something I use. What exactly is this being
14 installed for again? If nothing depends on it, there is no need to have
15 it.
16
17 Dale
18