From: Avi Schwartz <avi@×××××××××××××××.com>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] ebuild question
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 01:13:25
1 I am trying to create an ebuild for wingide. I have couple of problems
2 I trying to solve here:
3
4 1. The name of the archive is wingide-1.1.3-1.tar.gz. I tried to call
5 the ebuild file wingide-1.1.3-1.ebuild but ebuild doesn't like it since
6 it thinks there are two version numbers. So I changed the name to
7 wingide-1.1.3-r1.ebuild and I am sticking the -1 in the code:
8
9 SRC_URI="ftp://ftp.wingide.com/pub/wingide/${PV}/${P}-1.tar.gzftp://ftp.wingide.com/pub/wingide/${PV}/bugfix/macro-bugfix-all-${PV}-1.tar ftp://ftp.wingide.com/pub/wingide/${PV}/bugfix/print-bugfix-all-${PV}-1.tar ftp://ftp.wingide.com/pub/wingide/${PV}/bugfix/reuse-app-instance-all-${PV}-1.tar"
10
11 Is this an acceptable practice? The problem with this is that if they
12 come out with a -2 version, it will not be enough to rename the ebuild
13 file (although the bug fix files are breaking this anyway).
14
15 BTW, PV and ${D} are not documented in the developers HOWTO. What else
16 is missing?
17
18 2. Wingide comes with its own installation program which can be
19 controlled through the command line. When its archive is expanded, it
20 creates a wingide-1.1.3-1 directory in which there is the installation
21 program and the program files. Ho do I point to the installation
22 program? I tried the following ${WORKDIR}/${P}-1/wing-install.py, is
23 this correct?
24
25 3. The parameters it expects are the installation directory and binary
26 directory:
27
28 ${WORKDIR}/${P}-1/wing-install.py \
29 --winghome ${D}/usr/lib/wingide \
30 --bin-dir ${D}/usr/bin
31
32 again, does this make sense?
33
34 4. Another problem I am having is that I see the following messages when
35 doing the install:
36
37 >>> Install wingide-1.1.3-r1 into
38 /var/tmp/portage/wingide-1.1.3-r1/image/ category avi
39
40 but when I look at the image directory I see that it didn't install a
41 thing.
42
43 5. The last 3 files are archives that have to be extracted over the root
44 installation directory which will be ${D}/usr/lib/wingide. Again, how
45 does one achieve this?
46
47 6. The compile stage extracts all 4 files while I realy want only the
48 main file to be extracted since the other 3 need to be extracted over
49 the installed file. Is there a way to control this? I tried to put my
50 own code in src_compile(), but ebuild goes ahead and extracts the
51 archives before executing my code.
52
53 7. When the wingide archive is extracted, besides the installation
54 program there is another tar file extracted which containsall the files.
55 Another possibility for the installation of the main wingide archive is
56 to just extract this archive into ${D}/usr/lib. The question is, do I
57 have to create ${D}/usr/lib if it doesn't exist yet or will ebuild do it
58 for me?
59
60 Thanks,
61 Avi