From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: moving OpenRC to a meson-based build
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2017 12:19:03
1 W dniu 30.01.2017, pon o godzinie 14∶04 -0600, użytkownik William Hubbs
2 napisał:
3 > All,
4 >
5 > I have been looking at the meson build system [1] [2], and I like
6 > what I
7 > see.
8 >
9 > I have opened an issue on OpenRC's github wrt migrating OpenRC to the
10 > meson build system [3].
11 >
12 > As I said on the bug, the downside is the addition of py3 and ninja
13 > as
14 > build time dependencies, but I think the upside (a build system where
15 > we don't have to worry about parallel make issues or portability)
16 > outweighs that.
17 >
18 > What do folks think here?
19
20 On behalf of systemd team, I would like to officially contradict any
21 rumors that those ideas are in any way caused by systemd team. OpenRC
22 developers are shooting their own feet of their own choice.
25 Best regards,
26 Michał Górny