From: Karl Peters <karl.h.peters@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Does a automatic security package tool exists?
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 17:43:00
1 Hi,
2
3 the GLSAs to the announce mailinglist are really ok, but if you have more
4 gentoo systems, manually updating security related packages is not so much
5 fun, and quickly you may forget something.
6
7 I imagine a GLSA database like the package.mask file, where information about
8 package versions is kept, which packages are insecure and prehaps which
9 version are suggested for updating.
10
11 Then I could think of a comman tool like qpkg, e.g. secure_check:
12 # emerge sync
13 # secure_check //print out secure packages version, if insecure are found
14 # secure_check | xargs emerge -p //would feed emerge with this information, to
15 do a security update of all needed packages with one command
18 So far so good, does something like this already exists? Is someone already
19 working on it?
20
21 Regards
22 Karl Peters