1 It appears that it is a bug with the sound card that I have.
2 gnome-session, upon initilizing the sound would cause the system to lock
3 up.
4
5 -Richard Reich
6 On Fri, 2002-10-25 at 16:14, Richard Reich wrote:
7 > Hi,
8 >
9 > I'm having a problem with my system locking up when gnome-session is
10 > started. It isn't just X locking up, I can't even ping the box once
11 > it's locked up.
12 >
13 > My system is a DFI AK47-EC motherboard, with a Riva TNT2 video card. I
14 > have a 950Mhz Athlon-Tbird CPU, with 768MB of RAM. The lockup happens
15 > if I use the open source or propritary driver, via chainging
16 > XF86Config-4 between Driver "nv" and Driver "nvidia" in the Device
17 > section.
18 >
19 > My compile flags are...
22 > CFLAGS="-mcpu=athlon-tbird -march=athlon-tbird -mmmx -m3dnow
23 > -mfpmath=387 -O2 -pipe"
24 > CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
25 >
26 > I've tried other gnome apps such as evolution, nautilus, and xchat 1.9.3
27 > with AA fonts, and these all work. When I launch gnome-session I only
28 > see the splash screen with no icons along the bottom when the pc locks
29 > up. Does anybody know of a solution to this?
30 >
31 > Thanks in advance and thanks for a great distro
32 > Richard Reich
38 > gentoo-dev mailing list
39 > gentoo-dev@g.o