From: Marcus Rudolph <marcus.rudolph@××××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] adsl and setup issues
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 10:17:39
1 Hi!
2
3 I resently trippend over your distribution and now, about a week later, I'm
4 pretty impressed. Spending most of my time at the university setting Gentoo
5 up was a bliss and everything worked just marvelous.
6
7 This weekend I had to spend time off university, off net to put it in
8 perspective. So I took my notebook and tried to install over some adsl
9 connection not getting very far at first. A lot of hassle later that worked
10 to.
11
12 The reason I contact you is to urge you to make the installation a bit
13 easier especially over adsl dialup. Many people including many developers I
14 work with would like to try Gentoo but don't because they do not like
15 scanning newsgroups or message boards just for the sake of getting some
16 Linux running.
17
18 I really like the distribution and so I'd love to see you fixing that up,
19 rather sooner than later.
20
21 greats from Germany
22 Rudi