From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: Gentoo-Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] mimetype question
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2002 15:59:18
1 On Sun, 2002-06-02 at 15:22, Per Wigren wrote:
2 > I'm making an ebuild for BitTorrent which is a P2P "download-helper".. If
3 > clicking a link in a browser that has "content-type:
4 > application/x-bittorrent", the download will be handled by BitTorrent
5 > instead, and the download will be distributed among everyone who is
6 > downloading the same file at the time, so it doesn't load the server...
7 >
8 > The problem is that I have to make the ebuild add a line to /etc/mailcap.. Is
9 > there a standard way to do this?
12 Havent really done this, but try something like:
13
14 src_install() {
15 # if the user have a mailcap, and it do not
16 # have the entry added, put his copy into ${D}/etc
17 if [ -f ${ROOT}/etc/mailcap ]
18 then
19 insinto /etc
20 # install the users real mailcap into ${D}
21 doins ${ROOT}/etc/mailcap
22 else
23 touch ${D}/etc/mailcap
24 fi
25
26 # now add the entry if not already there
27 if [ -z "$(grep x-bittorrent ${D}/etc/mailcap)" ]
28 then
29 # add the needed line
30 echo "application/x-bittorrent...." >> \
31 ${D}/etc/mailcap
32 fi
33 }
36 Greetings,
40 Martin Schlemmer
41 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Developer
42 Cape Town, South Africa