From: Christopher Burgess <chris@××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] new mp3blaster ebuild, and radeon/xfree4.1.0 problems
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 22:13:30
1 Attached is a new ebuild file for mp3blaster 3.0 p8 (p7 is what's in the
2 tree currently). p8 includes support for the ogg vorbis format (yay!), so I
3 used the p7 ebuild as a base and modified it to have "vorbis" USE support.
4 Please check that I modified it correctly cos I'm knew to all this portage
5 stuff so I probably made a mistake somewhere! Also note however, that it if
6 you do NOT want ogg vorbis support you have to say
7 "--with-oggvorbis=no" to the configure script because it's included by
8 default - it wasn't just me being extra!
9
10 Hope this is helpful.
11
12 On to my radeon/xfree86 4.1.0 problem, still no luck :-( Tried the
13 modifications I found in a post, which didn't work, I've tried the latest
14 CVS version of xfree86 with no luck, and I've even tried linux 2.4.10-pre1
15 which includes some updates to agpgart and drm - no success. So I'm still
16 running with "noaccel", which is awful because it doesn't just disable drm
17 (which I think is the actual cause) but every single accelerated feature.
18 This leaves my Athlon 1.3GHz DDR with Radeon 64MB running xfree86 like a 386
19 :-(
20 Anyway, I will get onto the DRI and xfree86 mailing lists about this, but in
21 the meantime I'd love to know if anyway has any similar problems (starting x
22 just locks the machine up and sends the monitor into DPMS power save mode).
23
24 Thanks
25
26 Chris
27
28 PS - Keep up the great work on gentoo!

mp3blaster-3.0_p8.ebuild application/octet-stream