From: Alexander Hof <gentoodev@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Implicit system dependency
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 22:43:07
1 Mike Gilbert wrote:
2 >> There are people that don't want c++ and gcc:4.7 can still bootstrap
3 >> without.
6 > Those people "know what they are doing" and could un-force the use
7 > flag. That would prevent people from accidentally disabling it via
8 > USE="-*".
9
10 Are we talking about forcing +cxx globally or for gcc (+toolchain)?
11
12 Has this been a major problem in the past? Shouldn't people who set
13 USE="-*" also "know what they are doing"?
14
15 > I'm not normally one to prevent people from shooting themselves, but
16 > in this case the safety would be simple to toggle.
17
18 What if there was some other reason someone had to set a +cxx for some
19 package in package.use.force, and I'm missing out that reason with my
20 -cxx in profiles/package.use.force that I need to circumvent your
21 safety-measure?