From: Jeff Smelser <tradergt@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Bugzilla Bug #109301 dev-db/mysql-4.1.14 stable request.
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 17:13:41
1 On Wednesday 19 October 2005 07:46 am, Petre Rodan wrote:
2 > is that
3 > grant all privileges on 'DB'.* to 'user'@'localhost' identified by
4 > 'password'; deprecated in 4.1?
5 > because it inserts the line in mysql.users, but authentication is
6 > impossible :/
7
8 Do it here all the time..
9
10 > I had to use this syntax to get things going:
11 >
12 > GRANT USAGE ON *.* TO 'user'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'password' WITH
13 > MAX_QUERIES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_CONNECTIONS_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_UPDATES_PER_HOUR 0;
14 >
15 > GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `DB`.* TO 'user'@'localhost';
16 >
17 > maybe it would be a Good Thing(TM) to add this to the upgrade document?
18
19 I have seen this when the mysql tables are out of scope with mysqld. Restart
20 is usually the only thing that fixes this..
21
22 Unless you have MAX_CONNECTIONS_PER_HOUR defined to low somewhere.. show
23 global viariables like 'MAX_CONNECTIONS_PER_HOUR' will show that.. (something
24 to the affect)
25
26 And you do NOT need the flush priv command after grant statements, only when
27 you go after the priv tables directly.
28
29 Jeff