From: Anthony Gorecki <agorecki@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ebuild development (vpopmail, etc.)
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 07:19:47
1 On Sunday, July 17, 2005 11:57 pm, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > In other words, something very important: You miss all the potentially
3 > critical changes contained in the new "official" revision.
4
5 Yes, that's an important, /minor/ issue that I neglected to mention.
6
7 At the time, I assumed that he would be aware of the risk, without thinking
8 that he may not have been entirely familiar with the packaging system. In
9 retrospect, it would have been helpful to mention that using an overlay
10 without care can render a system unusable with alacrity :)
14 Anthony Gorecki
15 Ectro-Linux Foundation