From: Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Stabilisation procedure
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2016 09:42:33
1 On 19/11/16 19:04, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > Could we maybe include some place (metadata.xml?) to state what is
3 > the best way to test a package? I'm thinking it could include things
4 > like:
5 >
6 > - whether the test of the package are reliable,
7 >
8 > - whether runtime testing is required and what kind of,
9 >
10 > - how likely it is that revdeps need to be checked.
11 >
12 > For example, in LLVM I would like to ask arch testers to always check
13 > a few common clang calls.
16 I'd really like to collect information like this in a machine-readable
17 format, but it would be tricky to get right.