From: Dominique Michel <dominique.michel@×××××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Watch out for license changes to GPL-3.
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 19:11:37
1 Le Mon, 9 Jul 2007 09:39:14 -0700,
2 Greg KH <gregkh@g.o> a écrit :
3
4 > On Sun, Jul 08, 2007 at 04:46:57PM +0200, Dominique Michel wrote:
5 > >
6 > > I personally think at gpl-3 is better as gpl-2 because GPLv3 will block
7 > > tivoization.
8 >
9 > Only if the kernel is changed to v3, which it will not be.
10 >
11 > So this crusade by the FSF to stop what they explicitly said was a legal
12 > use of v2, never succeeded, so please stop trying to worry about it.
13 >
14 > thanks,
15 >
16 > greg k-h
17
18 I don't want to force anyone to use v3, I was just saying at v3 is better as v2
19 from my point of vue. Maybe I am wrong, but just to say at I am wrong is not
20 enough.
21
22 Can you explain more. If the kernel can be tivoized by someone, who will use
23 this kernel? How can this affect the software xyz that have a v3 licence?
24
25 Dominique
26 --
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list