From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Update toolchain.eclass to deal with .xz compressed tarball for gcc-6.4.0
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2017 21:01:08
1 On Wed, Aug 2, 2017 at 4:52 PM, Anthony G. Basile <blueness@g.o> wrote:
2 > Hi everyone,
3 >
4 > Upstream gnu.org used to provide .gz and .bz2 compressed tarballs for
5 > gcc's source code. With gcc-6.4.0 however, they only provide .gz and
6 > .xz. Our toolchain.eclass is written only for .bz2. I'd like to commit
7 > the attached patch to deal with this change. A better fix would
8 > autodetect whether upstream has .bz2 or .xz but I'm not sure how to
9 > proceed with that.
10
11 Another option would be to move the SRC_URI setting code into the
12 individual ebuilds, instead of setting it in the eclass.