From: Magnus Granberg <zorry@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Cluster tinderbox poc
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 16:22:15
1 Hi
2
3 As some of you may know, I have been working on code for a tinderbox with
4 frontend support. I think its time to move it to a offcial project.
5 The Proof-Of-Concept (poc) is almost ready, but it still have alot of the
6 frontend left to do. You can see the logs and summit bugsreports and
7 chose what to build. The poc is runing on a 64core box with help of ganeti
8 to manges the virtual machines (vm). I have 4 vm's runing for now but I will
9 add 4 more later. I'm building the vm's with help of
10 ganeti-instance-gentoobootstrap. The vm's query the db for what to build.
11 Db is update with tree info and list to builds for the vm's. The vm's are
12 runing python code that call portage api to build the packages in the list.
13 The frontend is just django.
14
15 Featuers
16 -Support multiplay repos
17 -Support any arch there the python code can run.
18 -Attach the build logs.
19 -Use the db to store the repex for log search.
20
21 /Magnus G.