From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Samba issues
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2001 10:07:19
1 On Sat, Aug 04, 2001 at 02:48:04PM +0200, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
2 > Hi!
3 >
4 > > The ebuild for samba doesn't support the ssl options which comes with
5 > > samba (--with-ssl, --without-ssl and --with-sslinc).
6 >
7 > I added this to the ebuild (check USE=ssl). It is currently commented
8 > out with only --without-ssl set. Someone from the server team should
9 > look at this and test --with-ssl. There seems to be some issues when
10 > samba is built against ssl.
11
12 I'm probably the one who commented it out many months ago because at that
13 time (2.0.7), SSL support was configured for ssleay rather than openssl and
14 it didn't work. If SSL support now works, then of course it's fine to
15 enable it.
16
17 Best Regards,
20 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>