From: Justin <jlec@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: fortran-2.eclass - Support for bin package system without compiler
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 15:50:39
1 On 18/07/13 17:39, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > On 10:44 Thu 18 Jul , Justin wrote:
3 >> +fortran-2_pkg_setup() {
4 >> + case ${EAPI:-0} in
5 >> + 0|1|2|3)
6 >> + eqawarn "Support for EAPI < 4 will be removed from the"
7 >> + eqawarn "fortran-2.eclass in near future."
8 >> + eqawarn "Please migrate your package to a higher EAPI"
9 >> + eqawarn "or file a bug at https://bugs.gentoo.org"
10 >> + _fortran-2_pkg_setup ;;
11 >
12 > It's more useful if you provide a date here (30+ days from the commit)
13 > after which things are no longer guaranteed to work, versus "near
14 > future."
15 >
16 > I didn't catch it in your original email — have you run a scan to see
17 > how many ebuilds are affected?
20 I did.
21
22 In absolute numbers there per EAPI following consumers
23
24 1: 2
25 2: 24
26 3: 32
28 5: 71
29
30 but there are only 10 packages where there is no version with a
31 sufficient high EAPI?
32
33 Most if not all affected packages are under the control of sci, so that
34 I can easily manage the transition.
35
36 I think I will place the deadline 60 days ahead after committing.
37 Everybody who likes to see the immediate affect just need to bump the
38 packages to the correct EAPI?
39
40 Justin