From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Binary package dependencies for sub-slot-less EAPIs
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 18:38:39
1 On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 12:25 PM, W. Trevor King <wking@×××××××.us> wrote:
2 > In other words, “Why force folks to do this if there is no benefit?”.
3 > This is understandable, but I think the broken binary packages [1] are
4 > enough of a visible benefit.
5
6 I certainly agree. As I bump my own packages I'll certainly be
7 looking for opportunities to use slot operator dependencies and will
8 certainly bump to EAPI5 when I find them, and if somebody were to
9 state that EAPI6 was going to make the lives of binary package users
10 much better I'd be all for pushing to get everything onto EAPI6.
11
12 My only concern was to let the actual benefits be the driver.
13
14 Rich