From: Jake Bishop <jb3insf@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] 1st time login
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 21:27:40
1 Hello,
2 I just compiled the build-20010630 from the gentoo/snapshots dir on
3 ibiblio.org.
4 the build went fine everything compiled without erors,I did the setup
5 from the CD install guide and installed grub.When I rebooted I get a
6 nice grub menu.I can boot into my other OS's.When I booted Gentoo for
7 the first time and tried to log in as root I got this:
8
9 (none) login: root
10 Password:
11 pam_group[34]: not opened
12 PAM_pwdb[34]: (login) session opened for user b (uid=0)
13 login[34]: unable to change tty '/dev/tty1' for user 'root'
14
15 Unable to change tty /dev/tty1:Illegal seek
16
17 (none) login:
18
19 I had put my hostname in /etc/hostname.I also compiled the kernel from
20 sys-kernel
21 2.4.4.9 sources.