From: Steven J Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Happy 10th birthday (in advance)
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2012 16:02:22
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2
3 > No, what I actually say is *why* things don't work, and if it hasn't
4 > already been explained, I say how to fix it.
5 Oh? Where on Earth did you do that in this thread? All you've said so far is
6 that preserve-libs is "an awful hack that doesn't really work, is
7 conceptually unsound and that breaks all kinds of things in subtle ways." No
8 reasoning given whatsoever. Nor any indication of how to fix anything.
9
10 I wouldn't mind your snobbish attitude so much, if you did actually present
11 full and cogent reasoning, the *first* time you "present" an issue. But you
12 never do, you simply state cryptically that things are broken, and if anyone
13 queries you, you usually state that the reason others don't see it, is
14 because they are stupid. (That's what your arguments boil down to.)
15
16 > But the first step towards
17 > getting something fixed is admitting that there's a problem, and you've
18 > always been awfully reluctant to do that until the damage has already
19 > been done.
20 >
21 Yes, it is hard to admit one has problems; how are things going with your
22 human interaction problems? (They don't seem to be going that well, given
23 your continued attitude.) I mean, you have admitted to yourself that you do
24 have issues in that area, haven't you? After the last 8 or 9 years of being
25 told you do, including by people who call you a friend, you *must* have
26 taken that on-board as a problem _you_ need to address by now, surely?
27 Especially after all the damage that's been caused.
30 #friendly-coders -- We're friendly, but we're not /that/ friendly ;-)