From: Matthias Schwarzott <zzam@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] new herd: vdr
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 16:33:22
1 Hi!
2
3 I propose the creation of a new herd - "vdr".
4
5 It will combine the program media-video/vdr, its plugins (87 plugins now in
6 portage under media-plugins), some programs and some supplementary ebuilds
7 (scripts ...).
8
9 Most of the ebuilds are at the moment member of media-tv herd.
10
11 At the beginning hd_brummy and I are going to care about this herd.
12 If there are other developers out there who want to help, please let us know.
16 VDR is an app for watching and recording digital television (dvb/atsc). It can
17 be extended with plugins to not only support dvb input and hardware mpeg2
18 output.
19 vdr supports hardware-wakeup for recording timers, remotes with lirc, OSD,
20 teletext/subtitles, EPG (electronic program guide) with various different
21 views, burning dvds from recordings, some OSD games, viewing divx files,
22 listening mp3s ...
23 There are addons to scan for advertisments after a recording ....
26 http://www.linuxtv.org/vdrwiki/index.php/Main_Page
27
28 Matthias
31 Matthias Schwarzott