From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Place of EAPI variable in ebuild
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 01:01:59
1 Chris Gianelloni kirjoitti:
2 > On Sun, 2007-11-11 at 21:01 +0200, Petteri Räty wrote:
3 >> I plan to make the java eclasses use the EAPI 1
4 >
5 > Any chance we can *at least* wait until we have a release out the door
6 > that has a portage version which supports these features *before* we
7 > start trying to use them in the tree? Our general rule was to not use
8 > features for 1+ years since it was added to a *stable* portage before we
9 > started using them. Now, this isn't so much of an issue with individual
10 > ebuilds, but you're talking about changing how the Java eclasses work,
11 > essentially blocking *anyone* using an older portage (including everyone
12 > installing from 2007.0 media) from using any package which inherits the
13 > eclass.
14
15 I took this into consideration from the start. You misunderstood my
16 plans. I don't plan to just stick it globally for all current Java
17 ebuilds as there is nothing in EAPI=1 that would warrant that. You can
18 see my plans in more detail in a later post in this thread.
21 > Also, we should really think about this sort of thing before we start
22 > using it. How are we going to support EAPI changes in eclasses?
23
24 As said in this thread you really can't set EAPI in an eclass.
25
26 Regards,
27 Petteri