From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Deprecating repoman
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2022 08:48:43
1 On Sat, 2022-03-19 at 08:15 +0100, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 > > > > > > On Sat, 19 Mar 2022, Zoltan Puskas wrote:
3 >
4 > [Please don't top-post.]
5 >
6 > > I've been using both repoman _and_ pkgcheck becasue I was not sure
7 > > which
8 > > one covers all the checks I need to make. In fact [Pull Requests
9 > > wiki](https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:GitHub/Pull_requests) has
10 > > a
11 > > big red warning box with the following message, and I quote:
12 >
13 > > "CI is not an excuse not to run repoman full, at least for the
14 > > packages
15 > > being committed."
16 >
17 > That warning box also says: "Furthermore, pkgcheck is imperfect (yet
18 > very fast) and may fail to notice some subtle breakages (especially if
19 > USE flag masking/forcing) is involved."
20 >
21 > Looks like the warning was added by mgorny in 2016 [1]. Have these
22 > issues with pkgcheck been fixed in the meantime?
23
24 Yes, I think all the blockers were fixed since.
27 Best regards,
28 Michał Górny