From: Mikael Hallendal <hallski@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Found source of my galeon/rxvt bugs, etc
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 04:58:49
1 "Bruce A. Locke" <blocke@××××××.org> writes:
2
3 Hi!
4
5 I've been meaning to look into the gdm/locale stuff sometime, from
6 time to time I've had problems with gdm and se_SE. I'll add this to my
7 todo-list right away.
8
9 Thanks for reminding me!
10
11 Regards,
12 Mikael Hallendal
13
14 > When using gdm for the first time, make sure you pick a language. If
15 > you are using english then use the C (posix) language type (not
16 > American English). If you fail to pick a language or use america
17 > english you may get weird galeon and rxvt crashes... At least thats
18 > what happened on my system.
19 >
20 > I've looked at it and my lack of understanding of how glibc, locale,
21 > and x libs works means I have no clue whats causing it...
22 >
23 > Just wanted to give everyone a heads up in case someone else has seen
24 > this problem on their machines.
25 >
27 > Bruce A. Locke blocke@××××××.org
31 > list gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org