From: Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] question regarding inherit
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 17:55:04
1 Jason Stubbs wrote: [Thu Jun 03 2004, 06:31:53PM EDT]
2 > Three options:
3 >
4 > 1) Drop portage caching altogether.
5 > 2) Separate the global section into a separate non-bash file with new syntax.
6 > 3) Make everything constant in the global section of ebuilds.
7
8 I think #3 is already the case, basically. Anything outside of
9 functions should be constant. The problem is that we haven't made
10 this clear to developers, so there is still some use foo && ...
11
12 Is there anything outside of functions that doesn't need to be
13 constant? I can't think of anything. Maybe boiling the problem down
14 to this point is enough to "solve" the problem.
15
16 Regards,
17 Aron
20 Aron Griffis