From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo alt-projects meeting 9/26 1900 UTC
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 09:09:34
1 On Friday 16 September 2005 01:56, Nathan L. Adams wrote:
2 > I'm writing a tool, called esyntaxer, that finds certain common ebuild
3 > errors and automagically corrects them if possible. Yes, I'm aware of
4 > the overlaps with repoman, and no this isn't a duplication of work.
5 Actually, I already have prepared a ruby script that I use to find violators
6 to the syntax (like enewuser with /bin/false and cp called with extra
7 options). It's on http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/ruby-checker.tbz2 .
8 It's not complete, but it works when it comes to checking for these simple
9 cases.
10
11 I don't trust automatic correction, false positives can always happen,
12 currently my way to proceed with such problems is opening a big bug and
13 poking maintainers to fix them :)
16 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò
17 Gentoo Developer - http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/
18 (Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, Gentoo/AMD64, Sound, PAM)