From: Arun Raghavan <ford_prefect@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] Gentoo Wiki Project
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 13:23:29
1 On 12 April 2010 18:49, George Prowse <george.prowse@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 12/04/2010 14:17, Arun Raghavan wrote:
3 >>
4 >> On 12 April 2010 18:43, George Prowse<george.prowse@×××××.com>  wrote:
5 >> [...]
6 >>>
7 >>> If you are arguing that the name is ambiguous then I think you are wrong.
8 >>> Gentoo knows about the unofficial wiki and knows it's mission is to help
9 >>> Gentoo and not to hinder it. Gentoo hardly makes a habit of Apple-like
10 >>> litigation when trying to protect it's logo.
11 >>
12 >> I think the argument is that the wiki is not always accurate, and if
13 >> perceived as the official documentation, can put is in bad light.
14 >>
15 > There is *always* a chance of that, official or otherwise
16
17 Which the Wiki team should really be addressing before making a
18 world-editable wiki.
19 --
20 Arun Raghavan
21 http://arunraghavan.net/
22 (Ford_Prefect | Gentoo) & (arunsr | GNOME)