From: Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Stable Staleness (mostly toolchain)
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 17:38:40
1 On 7/30/06, Alec Warner <antarus@g.o> wrote:
2 > Another class of packages I wish to discuss (not remove quite yet, just
3 > talking ;) ) are older packages with stable markings. By Stable I mean
4 > debian stable, IE we stabled it in 2004 and no one has touched it since.
5 >
6 > Do these packages still work with a current system (linux 2.4/2.6,
7 > glibc-2.3/2.4, >=gcc-3.4, etc...
8
9 I have planned such checks/cleanups and more for sci-electronics
10 (stabling, deleting very old versions when there is a newer stable
11 version available, etc...). I'm going on devaway around august 5th, so
12 that will probably be for when I come back late august / early
13 september.
14
15 I know that sci-electronics is a tiny part of portage, but I'll be
16 doing my share, at least.
17
18 Denis.
19 --