From: "Sébastien Fabbro" <bicatali@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Six month major project on Gentoo
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 18:15:15
1 Gaurav Saxena <grvsaxena419@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > I am interested in doing my final year computer scence project on gentoo. I
4 > would be having a duration of six months to work on the project. Could you
5 > please suggest me some good project ideas that would be helpful to me as
6 > well as gentoo. I am interested in parallel computing, data structures ,
7 > operating system. I am well versed in C/C++. I think  there might be
8 > projects which need to be done, I would like to work on them.
11 One project that could be very useful for Gentoo is an automated
12 stabilization/testing for ebuilds. Obviously it will require some work
13 from the ebuild maintainers, but the ability to distribute the
14 stabilization recipes across a volunteering Gentoo community via
15 something like BOINC could be worth looking at.
18 Sébastien