From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 42 (Critical News Reporting) round five
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 04:45:08
1 On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 23:25:29 -0500 Andrew Muraco <tuxp3@×××××××××.com>
2 wrote:
3 | Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
4 | >Ok, new draft. Changes are as follows:
5 | >
6 | I Think That You've tweaked this GLEP to death ;-)
7
8 Sadly not. It still needs work. It's going to take at least a couple
9 more drafts before I'd be happy sticking it up for voting... Complex
10 changes need thorough planning. Otherwise we just end up wasting lots
11 of time implementing something that doesn't work, and then lots more
12 time trying to fix bugs in something that's broken by design, and then
13 even more time supporting the legacy brokenness whenever it finally is
14 done properly.
15
16 I'd much rather throw away a design than throw away code.
19 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (I can kill you with my brain)
20 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
21 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm