From: Caleb Tennis <caleb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: stabilizing expat 2.0.0
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 17:52:55
1 >> No. It would have been ideal if we would have done it with the release.
2 >> Now, it means people *will* need to use revdep-rebuild as soon as they
3 >> install their shiny new system if they use binary packages. People
4 >> coming from stage3 would be fine, of course.
8 I would have been happy to do that, but honestly Chris, the thought of approaching
9 you and asking you to bump something like that into 2007.0 scared the crap out of
10 me. You seemed way overburdened for the release as it was.
11
12 I have no problem waiting for 2007.1, if Gnome and KDE don't mind. I don't know
13 what hackery has to take place to do that, but I'm sure someone out there does.
14
15 Caleb
19 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list