From: "Alin Năstac" <mrness@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] strange portage behaviour
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 06:09:18
1 Zac Medico wrote:
2 > It's common for people get get confused like this by the "confmem"
3 > behavior that's built into portage's merge process. You can use
4 > --noconfmem to disable it.
5 Ah, I didn't knew we had this option, thanks for the info. However, a
6 user complained in [1] that net-dialup/ppp failed to update its
7 /etc/ppp/ip-{up,down} scripts.
8
9 I don't know exactly how it works, but I presume portage will install
10 the protected files if the checksum of the new file present in $D is
11 different than the one who was there when the old version were
12 installed, right?
13
14 [1] http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-699957.html