From: Matthew Marlowe <mattm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Re: [gentoo-dev] Creating a dedicated gentoo profile for commercial mysql support
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 04:00:54
1 >> > 1) Mysql binaries are compiled with icc which could provide significant performance
2 >> gains for the targeted user base.
3 >> > Untill icc is fully compatible with portage, I'd rather avoid installing icc myself on
4 >> customer boxes.
5 >>
6 >> I am really not a fan of this. What is the problem with icc and portage
7 >> right now? Set CC=icc and compile away.
10 See several of the comments in bug #26757.
11
12 >> Perhaps this situation could be fixed rather than adding a hack to work
13 >> around it.
16 I'd hope so, but there is still the issue of mysql being more comfortable with their
17 binaries than compiling - but I'd be all for using source ebuilds if we could get away
18 from it. I don't think thats going to happen right away.
19
20 MattM
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list