From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Ebuild removing
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 22:17:45
1 Ok, I dunno how many times me and Weeve have said this now, but it's
2 still being ignored...
3
4 FOLLOW THE FRICKIN' POLICY WHEN REMOVING EBUILDS
5
6 In particular:
7
8 1) Don't remove the highest stable version for any arch
9
10 2) Don't remove the highest ~arch version for any arch unless there is a
11 higher stable version for that arch. Exception: you're deliberately
12 forcing a downgrade because you committed something really broken to
13 ~arch.
14
15 It really isn't funny when the arch teams have to spend more time fixing
16 screwups caused by developers not following keyword policy than working
17 on useful stuff. I don't care if being careful involves slightly more
18 work on your part -- identifying and fixing the screwups you caused not
19 only takes a lot more effort from a lot more people, it also impacts end
20 user systems. Stop being so damned rude.
23 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Fluxbox, shell tools)
24 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
25 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm