From: "Kevin F. Quinn" <kevquinn@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Copyright, non-US devs and Gentoo Foundation vs Gentoo (Was: [gentoo-dev] Some council topics for March meeting)
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 15:08:11
1 I note that FSF-Europe uses what it calls a "Fiduciary Licence
2 Agreement" to gain the ability to prosecute license violations for
3 software whose copyright is distributed amongst many owners.
4
5 Discussion here:
6 http://www.fsf-europe.org/projects/fla/fla.html
7
8 and the boilerplate for FTF's agreement in PDF here:
9
10 http://www.fsf-europe.org/projects/fla/FLA.en.pdf
11
12 This may be more appropriate than a straight copyright assingment as
13 used by FSF (US).
14
15 I guess this is an issue for the trustees, rather than the council, but
16 (b)cc'ed both for comment.
19 Kevin F. Quinn