From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage 1.5.3
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 01:09:44
1 On Friday 03 August 2001 09:29, you wrote:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > Portage 1.5.3 has been released, and contains two basic fixes. It should
5 > no longer be necessary to backslash-escape double-quotes when using "try",
6 > "emake" or "pmake" (older name for emake). For example, instead of typing:
7 >
8 > try make CFLAGS=\"$CFLAGS\"
9 >
10 > One can now type:
11 >
12 > try make CFLAGS="$CFLAGS"
13 >
14 > The only ebuild that has been updated so far is sys-apps/tmpreaper. All
15 > others will need to be fixed. Thanks to a message on the MOSIX mailing
16 > list that demonstrated the subtle differences between $* and "$@", which
17 > allowed this fix to happen.
18 >
19 > Everyone should upgrade to 1.5.3 as soon as possible.
20 >
21 > Dan Armak, if you are up to doing a Portage-wide fix, that would be great
22 Hey, I've got enough on my hands! :-) Anyway, what do you mean? Fix the
23 backslashing?
28 Dan Armak
29 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team
30 Matan, Israel