From: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, Mikle Kolyada <zlogene@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Git workflow, commit messages
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2015 13:00:48
1 On 08/09/2015 02:06 PM, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
2 > Hi everyone,
3 >
4 > I hate to be a nag, but please read
5 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Gentoo_git_workflow. In particular, commit
6 > messages. I'm seeing lots of cvs style messages going in and without
7 > history it will be hard to figure out what happened just from the
8 > message. Particularly, we should prepend "CATEGORY/PN: " to the first
9 > line so we can easily search git log for what happened to a package.
12 And we already have one weird merge commit that I am unable to understand:
13 https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/commit/?id=0dbf0e01464f73fa65629440482972f314bb06f7
14
15 Looks like that should have been a rebase, see
16 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Gentoo_git_workflow#common_ebuild_work