From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] (no subject)
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 10:41:07
1 On Monday 20 August 2001 11:18, you wrote:
2 > I am about to get a new computer on which I plan to run Gentoo. Will a
3 > nVidia GeForce2 MX200 32MB (or possibly 64 MB) with 4X AGP work without too
4 > much trouble in Gentoo?
5 No special gentoo-related trouble, it'll work just like under any other
6 distro, or possibly better.
7
8 > I gather that this is the case from the nvidia
9 > Troubleshooting Guide
10 The NTSG (nvidia troubleshooting guide) is terribly outdated. Some of what it
11 says may no longer be true. Note the driver version it's for.
12
13 > How long is 'forever' when
14 > compiling X and KDE? It dosn't matter much, but do you have any idea how
15 > long it might take on a 933 MHz system?
16 On my P-III-900 w/ 256 MB RAM: X=1.2 hours, KDE=3.5+ hours for
17 kdelibs+kdebase and another 3 or 4 for everything else.
18
19 HTH,
26 Dan Armak
27 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team