From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Linux Standard Base Project
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 17:10:38
1 On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 18:22:43 +0200 Paweł Madej <linux@××××××××.info>
2 wrote:
3 | I've found a news that LSB Release3 [1] was announced. So there is my
4 | question. Are Gentoo Foundation and Gentoo Developers developing
5 | Gentoo Linux in coordinance with standards provided by this
6 | specification?
7
8 Nope. There's no interest in LSB compliance. LSB isn't a real standard,
9 it's some nonsense dreamed up so that companies like Sun can claim that
10 they are "Linux compliant" (meaning "behaves like RedHat").
13 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Shell tools, Fluxbox, Cron)
14 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
15 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm