From: Jaco Kroon <jaco@××××××.za>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, "Hanno Böck" <hanno@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Packages up for grabs: net-mail/mailman and everything that belongs to it
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2021 22:30:30
1 Hi Hanno,
2
3 I've started looking at this mess.  And a mess it is.  To the point,
4 where for our somewhat "subset of what mailman provides" requirements
5 I'm contemplating rather cooking an in-house solution (have done similar
6 in the past, but none of these really provide everything we require),
7 but will get back to you.
8
9 In the current state mailman3 as it is in tree I don't think it's usable
10 in any sensible way (Unless I'm really missing something), so if I go
11 another route I recommend we last-rite it and move on.  If I do pick it
12 up on it, then the problem is solved either way.
13
14 Kind Regards,
15 Jaco
16