From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: About unresolved bugs assigned to voip for ages
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2013 11:42:03
1 El jue, 03-01-2013 a las 00:43 +0100, Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn
2 escribió:
4 > Hash: SHA1
5 >
6 > Pacho Ramos schrieb:
7 > > Looks like finally you added yourself to metadata but with instructions
8 > > to bug-wranglers to CC you and assign to herd. I would like to confirm
9 > > this way of assigning things
10 >
11 > The difference is almost inconsequential in practice. Bugmail will be sent
12 > to both assignee and CC:. Only for maintainers without bugzilla privileges
13 > they need to ping their proxy to make certain updates to the bug.
14 > x11 team has similar instructions in the metadata for their proxy
15 > maintained package.
18 > Best regards,
19 > Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn
20
21 Well, I was referring to this exact case as voip team already pointed
22 they weren't looking to ekiga stuff and, then, didn't had much sense to
23 me to see bugs assigned to them instead of real maintainer (will commit
24 access)