From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] sci-libs/scipy -> dev-python/scipy ?
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 16:41:42
1 On 12:07 Wed 09 Jul , Marijn Schouten (hkBst) wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
6 > > On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 18:34:46 +0200
7 > > "Marijn Schouten (hkBst)" <hkBst@g.o> wrote:
8 > >> I suppose you mean git. Since it tracks content and not files, moves
9 > >> are trivial. Git actually finds your moves for you, after you've
10 > >> moved content around; such as when doing a bump.
11 > >
12 > > Ever tried git on an ebuild repository? Ebuilds are sufficiently
13 > > similar to each other that it quite often gets this horribly wrong. And
14 > > to make matters worse, there's no way of overriding it when it does.
15 >
16 > Yes, we have a git overlay. I haven't noticed it getting it wrong yet.
17
18 I suspect the problematic case might be two pretty basic template
19 ebuilds of different packages. This would most likely be a problem when
20 one is added and another is removed in the same commit, although that's
21 the wrong workflow. I'm not sure whether it would also be a problem with
22 multiple commits. I suppose you'd see the problem when you were trying
23 to track the passage of certain code blocks across multiple commits
24 (pickaxe).
27 Thanks,
28 Donnie
29