From: 320095285153-0001@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] bugs
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 16:10:51
1 Morgan Christiansson wrote:
2
3 > Achim Gottinger wrote:
4 >
5 > > Morgan Christiansson wrote:
8 > >> I sent two bug reports using the sourceforge bug mangment system.
11 > > Ha we still have that old sourceforge project, I forgot that. Maybe we
12 > > should get some bugzilla like stuff running on
13 > > www.gentoo.org.
14 > >
15 > > About the ppp bug:
16 > >
17 > > I'm not using wvdial over here because I have dsl. Do you think
18 > > configuring wvdial in a way that it uses
19 > > /etc/ppp/peers/ppp.provider solves the first problem?
20 > Yes.
21
22 Ok I will look into that.
27 > > We generat modules.conf dynamic at the moment from within
28 > > /etc/rc.d/init.d/modules, so we can
29 > > not simply add these changes. So we must find a way to add such
30 > > package-dependend aliases
31 > > from within this script.
32 > Whatever, modules.conf was bloated with variables. So it seems like a
33 > good idea.
37 > > How about putting the package depndend module configuration file in
38 > > /etc/modules/ and the adding
39 > > includes for all files found in /etc/modules/ from within the modules
40 > > script?
41 > >
42 > > About the enligthenment bug:
43 > >
44 > > Take a look at /etc/env.d. Do you have 90gnome in there? If not copy the
45 > > file from
46 > >
47 > > gnome-base/gnome/files manually, run env-update and source /etc/profile.
50 > > There should be a env-file for enlightenment too.
51 >
52 > I can't find it, and not env-update either.
53 >
54 > Uncommenting "/opt/gnome/lib/" from /etc/ld.so.conf fixed the problem.
55
56 Ah, so you used the packages and di not build from the current versions.
57 Currently we have automated setting of paths and ld.so.conf.
58 We use the script env-update. This scripts parses all files in /etc/env.d and
59 builds
60 /etc/profile.env and /etc/ld.so.conf.
61 All files in /etc/env.d are prepended by a number like the rc-scripts to
62 define a parse order.
68 > > Bye Achim
73 > --
74 > Morgan Christiansson