From: expose@×××××××××××.net
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ML changes
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 21:29:12
1 > This will probably remove the need for -core(everything gets leaked out
2 > anyway) but that's a path to cross later.
3 If it will remove the need for -core, why not move some future -dev content
4 to -core, and make -dev the new list you called -project?
5
6 So, if you move discussions where non-devs arent supposed to speak
7 unmoderatedly to -core, this should be an equally well solution, but it
8 should create less noise (ie., people will less likely feel "degraded" etc).
9
10 Though I'm not an insider when it comes to -core, I'd guess there is few need
11 for non-public discussions, except for security reasons or similar.
12
13 Anyway, I wouldnt name it -project but rather -public or -dev-open maybe.
14 I find -project confusing.
15
16 Besides all this:
17 How will moderation actually work? Whom to ask to moderate a mail?
18 Just mail a random dev, at best one having to do with the issue or the
19 discussion, to his dev@g.o address and ask to forward the post or how?
20 --
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list