From: Eric Jacoboni <jaco@××××××××××××.org>
To: Gentoo-Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage and /usr/local
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 05:16:02
1 >>>>> "Martin" == Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o> writes:
2
3 Martin> Sure, edit the ebuild and change the --prefix=/usr to
4 Martin> --prefix=/usr/local.
5
6 Yes, i've already done that... But its not enough : considering
7 gkrellm (my canonical example), the ebuild use the dobin() function
8 (other ebuilds i've look at, don't...). This function is using the
9 DESTTREE variable, exported by ebuild.sh. And DESTTREE is set to
10 /usr... in ebuild.sh.
11
12 Changing only --prefix in this case make the whole stuff in /usr/local
13 but gkrellm2 still goes in /usr/bin.
14
15 Martin> Thus I dont want to say never, but at least not in the next
16 Martin> couple of months.
17
18 Oh yes, it's not a problem: i've posted my first article as a
19 "request to feature" not as a "bug" ;-) I'm gonna do some tests by
20 tweaking script files...
23 Éric Jacoboni, né il y a 1334664461 secondes