From: tprado <tprado@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Cron script
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 04:57:53
1 I just set it up on my machine here.
2
3 Here's that whole email:
6 >I've been working on making postfix and bogofilter play together.
7 >I think it's working good enough to tell how I did it. I don't have procmail
8 >installed, so this is how I use bogofilter without it. This is on a
9 >mailserver that handles mail for a small number of users.
10 >
11 >1. Get postfix installed and running properly.
12 >
13 >2. Get bogofilter installed and running properly from the command line.
14 >
15 >3. Create a user, I used 'filter' as a username. This user should not be
16 > able to log in, but does need a home directory. I used '/home/filter'.
17 >
18 >4. Put the bogofilter executable in /usr/sbin
19 >
20 >5. Put the following script in /usr/sbin
21 >
22 >#!/bin/bash
23 >
24 >export PATH=$PATH:/usr/sbin
25 >export HOME=/home/filter
26 >cd $HOME
27 >
28 >bogofilter -p | sendmail -i "$@"
29 >
30 >6. In the master.cf configuration file for postfix, find the line that looks
31 >like:
32 >
33 >smtp inet (some other stuff) smtpd
34 >
35 >and add this line after it.
36 >
37 > -o content_filter=filter:
38 >
39 >Be sure to include the ':' at the end of the line.
40 >
41 >7. Append these lines to the end of the master.cf file:
42 >
43 >filter unix - n n - - pipe
44 > user=filter argv=/usr/sbin/filtermail -f ${sender} -- ${recipient}
45 >
46 >8. Do a 'postfix reload'.
47 >
48 >9. Now, anything bogofilter recognizes as spam will have a header that looks
49 >like:
50 >
51 >X-Spam-Status: Yes, tests=bogofilter
52 >
53 >and anything it doesn't think is spam will look like:
54 >
55 >X-Spam-Status: No, tests=bogofilter
56 >
57 >10. Even though bogofilter is now filtering your email. It doesn't know what
58 >to look for to distinguish spam from real email. Create two other mail
59 >accounts, one for spam and one for non-spam. Anytime you receive spam that
60 >bogofilter doesn't catch, forward it to the spam address. Anytime you
61 >receive good mail that bogofilter thinks is spam, forward it to the non-spam
62 >address. Periodically, log on to the mail server and go to the directory
63 >where the spam mails are. 'su' as the user 'filter' and do a 'cat * |
64 >bogofilter -s'. Delete all the spam files. Then go to the directory where
65 >the good emails are and do a 'cat * | bogofilter -h'. Then delete all the
66 >good emails. Hopefully, the performance of bogofilter improves over time.
67 >
68 >Bogofilter has a bug where the last line is sometimes duplicated using the
69 >'-p' option.
70 >
71 >Jim Duey
72 >Intensive Systems Consulting, LLC
73 >Consulting for Embedded Linux and Industrial Controls
76 >--
77 >gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list
84 jim wrote:
85
86 >A while back, someone posted a cron script to feed spam to bogofilter. I had
87 >it in my 'save' folder but it got deleted. :) Could someone repost that?
88 >
89 >On a related note, I didn't find any archives for the mailing list. Didn't
90 >they exist previously?
91 >
92 >Thanks,
93 >Jim